Treetops Nurseries Limited Terms and Conditions
Registration and Deposit
- A non-refundable registration fee will be charged for each child at the time of registration. No registration fee is payable if your child is only accessing government funded sessions.
- A refundable deposit is required at some nurseries at the point of registration to secure a child place. Details of the deposit amount and when the deposit will be refunded can be found on your registration form or from the nursery on request.
- We reserve the right to retain any deposit if a place is booked but not taken on the due start date, the account is in debt on leaving or the notice period of one month is not given.
A child place will not be guaranteed until the registration fee (and deposit where required) has been paid and a start date confirmed.
- We reserve the right to re-allocate your child place to another family if you fail to take up the place on the agreed start date without prior noti cation to the nursery manager.
- We require a copy of your child’s birth certificate as a form of identi cation.
Provision of Childcare
- Childcare facilities will be provided at the nursery stated at the agreed times, except when the nursery is closed (details of days closed can be obtained from the nursery). We will endeavour to provide you with as much notice as possible should there be any changes to the days on which the nursery will be closed.
- If the nursery closes due to unforeseen circumstances, parents will be informed as soon as is reasonably possible. We will not be liable for any losses or additional childcare costs you incur during these periods.
- Full and part time sessions must t into the session times. We may be able to accommodate individual needs, however we reserve the right to give you no less than one month’s notice if we are no longer able to offer this.
- You are required to register for and maintain a minimum of two sessions per child per week; this can be made up of a mixture of half days and/or full days.
- Sessions must be agreed with the nursery manager in advance. The swapping of sessions is only permitted on a permanent basis, for which the normal notice period is required. Extra sessions however can be booked at short notice subject to availability and must be paid for at the point of booking. In the event of a cancellation a refund can only be made if we receive at least one full calendar month’s notice.
- We require a minimum of one full month’s notice of any decrease in the number of sessions your child attends nursery in writing by completing the Notice of Session Attendance form.
Children must be dropped off at or following the start of each session and collected before the end of each session.
- A late collection charge for each 15 minutes or part thereof will be made for children not collected by the end of the session.
- Early drop offs may be available at the nursery and must be booked and paid for in advance.
Charging of Fees
- Our fees are calculated based on a weekly fee which will be noti ed to you prior to your child starting at the nursery.
- Fees are chargeable monthly, payable in advance; the monthly fee is calculated by multiplying the weekly fee by 52 and then dividing by 12 to give 12 equal monthly payments.
- A full schedule of fees and charges is available on request.
- We reserve the right to review the fees at any time but will give you no less than one
month’s notice prior to any change taking effect.
- Fees will be charged at the full rate for periods of holiday, bank holiday and
- In some of our nurseries we have a limited number of shift worker and teacher
contract places; further details are available from the nursery manager. The aforementioned contracts cannot be used in conjunction with any discounts or promotional rates.
- Unless otherwise stated at individual nurseries, fees for morning sessions are inclusive of breakfast and lunchtime meals and a mid-morning snack. Afternoon sessions include a light tea and afternoon snack (if more detail regarding meals is required please speak to individual nursery manager).
- Any reduced Treetops fee rate that may apply following your child’s third birthday will take effect from the 1st day of the following month. Any government funding that may be available will be applied in line with the government guidelines.
- The number of government funded places at each nursery is strictly limited and available on a first come rst served basis each term.
- Our government funded sessions for three and four year olds run from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 16:00 only. These may be taken as three hour sessions at a maximum of 15 hours per week over the 38 weeks of the school terms or as three hour sessions stretched over the full year.
Three and four-year old government funded sessions exclude all meals and any meals provided will be chargeable.
- Any children attending the nursery and accessing two-year old funding will have this applied in-line with government guidelines.
- Our government funded sessions for two year olds run from 08:00 to 13:00 and from 13:00 to 18:00 only. These may be taken as three ve-hour sessions at a maximum of 15 hours per week over the 38 weeks of the school terms.
- Two-year old government funded sessions include meals and snacks.
- School terms are determined by each nursery with full details available on request.
Payment of Fees
- The first month’s fees are payable by debit or credit card no later than the start date. All nursery fees thereafter are payable one month in advance on the rst day of each month by direct debit. Monthly fees not paid by direct debit are subject to an administration charge (not applicable for extra sessions).
- Fees are due on the first day of each month; late fees will be subject to a late payment charge for every month they are overdue.
- We accept settlement of either part or full payment of fees by external funders including recognised childcare voucher providers, however these must be received in advance of the direct debits being claimed on or around 1st of each month. Full details of these dates will be supplied by your Nursery Manager, it will become your responsibility to settle the outstanding fees immediately – this balance will automatically be taken by Direct Debit without any further notice.
- We may agree to an alternative payment method; however it is your responsibility to obtain a receipt from the Manager as proof of payment.
- In the event that fees are not paid by the due date we reserve the right to exclude your child from nursery and terminate this agreement without notice.
- In the event that bank charges are incurred by the nursery as a direct result of your non-payment of fees, we reserve the right to charge you an administration fee.
- We require payment to terms. Payment must be made on time, in full, and without any deduction, set off or counterclaim. In the event an account is outstanding we will refer the matter to our debt collection agents and any costs which are incurred to collect the debt will be added to the debt plus VAT at the prevailing rate. You agree you are legally liable to pay us that surcharge and that payment of the same can be enforced against you in court. You also agree to pay interest at the relevant reference rate provided for under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1988, which interest is payable both after and before any judgement of the courts and continues to accrue.
Attendance at Nursery
- You must inform the nursery staff as soon as possible if your child has an infectious disease. You must not allow your child to attend the nursery if they are suffering from a contagious disease that could be passed on to another child in the nursery. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any child on health grounds.
- We reserve the right to contact you requesting that you collect your child if he/she becomes ill during nursery hours.
- You will give us full details of anything affecting your child’s health, including known allergies, conditions or additional needs.
- All children should have at least one change of clothing.
- All items of clothing and personal property should be clearly marked.
- Our nurseries are fully equipped with a wide range of toys and resources for your
child and therefore we would ask that your child does not bring their own toys from home as we cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- Immediately inform us of any changes to your personal contact details.
- You must advise the nursery manager immediately if any of these emergency
contact details change.
- You must keep the nursery manager informed of any changes to the person(s)
authorised to collect your child from nursery (this will be the authorised person(s) as stated on the registration form). We will not allow a child to leave the nursery with anyone other than the authorised person. All parents/carers must comply with the nursery’s security for the collection of children policy.
- Where nursery staff deliver or collect children to & from school parents must inform the school in advance and sign a permission slip to authorise the nursery to deliver or collect. Parents must also be aware of the nursery ‘before & after school policy’.
- You must complete a medicine consent form if you require nursery staff to administer any prescribed medication.
- You must inform us if your child is the subject of any court order and provide us with a copy of this order.
- Discuss with your child’s key worker or nursery manager if you have any concerns about the services we provide – if you feel your concern has not been resolved please refer to our complaints procedure.
- You will adhere to all of the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
Discounts and Promotional Rates
- You may only claim one discount or promotional rate at any time.
- All discounts and promotional rates are applicable to AM, PM or full day session
only, with any fees outside of these sessions charged at the published rate.
- All discounts and promotional rates are subject to eligibility and are effective from the point of application, with no retrospective discounts or promotional rates given.
- We reserve the right to withdraw discounts and promotional rates at any point
without prior notice.
- Full details and terms and conditions for discounts and promotional rates are
available on request.
- In-line with our safeguarding children policy we have a Duty of Care to report to the relevant authorities any circumstances where we consider a child to have been harmed or at risk of harm or neglect. We may do this with or without your consent and with or without informing you, depending upon the circumstances.
- We have a further legal duty to monitor non-noti ed absence and will contact you to check on your child each time they are due at nursery and do not attend without any prior noti cation. Therefore it is essential that you always advise us when your child is going to be absent from nursery.
- All of our childcare policies and procedures are available in the nursery reception area.
- In the event that you employ the services of any member of our staff whom you may have had contact with in the nursery we will be entitled to seek the equivalent sum of 25% of that person’s salary – this will apply during the period covered by this agreement and for a further six months thereafter.
- If you wish to terminate this agreement, you must give at least one month’s notice by completing the noti cation of leave date form and you will remain liable for fees throughout the notice period.
- You may end this agreement without giving notice in the event that we breach any of our obligations under this agreement and we have not or cannot put right that breach within a reasonable period of time of you drawing it to our attention.
- We reserve the right to immediately terminate this agreement if:
- you have failed to pay your fees by the due date
- you have breached any of your obligations under this agreement and you have not
or cannot put right that breach within a reasonable period of time of us drawing it to
- you behave in an unacceptable manner. We will not tolerate any physical or verbal
abuse toward staff, children or customers within our nursery
- your child’s behaviour becomes unmanageable and is causing harm or distress to
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and will provide a minimum of one month’s notice prior to any changes.